We’ve had several requests asking for a way for payroll administrators and leave admins to record leave in bulk and we’re delighted to let you know that this feature is now here! This means that there are now 3 ways for leave to be captured on the system:
- Employees can request leave via self-service or our mobile app which then gets captured once approved by a leave approver.
- Payroll administrators and leave admins can record leave for individual employees via an employee’s profile.
- Payroll administrators and leave admins can download an Excel file, complete it with the relevant leave days and upload the file into SimplePay.
For more information on how to use this new feature, head to our help page.
We’re continuing our mission to revolutionise payroll, and in the process make SimplePay the preferred payroll software provider for small and medium sized businesses. We hope that with the additional method for recording leave, every user now has an option that meets their needs.
If you have any queries on how to use the system or any suggestions on how we can better serve your needs, please reach out to us.
We’ve expanded our beneficiaries functionality so that you can add beneficiaries for custom items that are set up as benefits, deductions or employer contributions. This gives you more flexibility in tailoring the beneficiaries report for your needs, making any payments linked to payroll even easier.
To add a custom beneficiary:
- Go to Settings > Beneficiaries and select Add under Custom Beneficiary
- Enter the details for your beneficiary and click Save
Once you have added your custom beneficiary, you can link it to custom items as follows:
- Go to Settings > Custom Items and select the custom item (or click Add to create one)
- Tick the checkbox Link to beneficiary
- Select the Beneficiary Type:
- ‘Fixed’ should be selected if there is only one beneficiary for this custom item for all employees. You will then need to select the beneficiary from the dropdown list.
- ‘Different on every employee’ should be selected if different employees have different beneficiaries for this custom item. If you select this option, the beneficiary will need to be specified when adding the custom item to the employee’s payslip.
- Then click Save
For more information on setting up custom items, head to our help page here.
We hope you love this new feature and that it’ll make your payroll processing more efficient.